This morning I read Kate Franco’s 250 Words, a getting-to-know-you type post for her newly subscribed readers. Since I have had a big increase in subscribers since the new year, I thought it might be helpful for you, my readers, to get to know me a little better. So here we go. Here’s 25 things you probably don’t know about me in 500 words or less (because I tend to talk a lot, I couldn’t commit to only 250):
1. I’m 24 years old and I work in San Francisco. (Okay, you probably did know that about me, but I have to start somewhere, right?)
2. I recently started my own boutique marketing agency, Studio 41 Creative, and I have 29 awesome and inspiring clients.
4. I make lists for everything.
5. I am the president of the Active 20-30 Club of San Francisco, an organization for people in their 20s & 30s that want to get involved in their communities by volunteering and putting on events/fundraisers to help childrens charities in San Francisco.
6. I spend way too much money on travel and clothes, and not enough on food.
7. I believe I’ve grown & matured more in the past year than I have any other time in my life.
8. I’ve found that in trying to please everyone, I only end up hurting myself.
9. I have a weakness for Hot Tamales, Diet Coke, and French Vanilla Coffeemate.
10. I’ve never been married, never had kids. Right now, I’m probably too selfish (maybe focused is a better word? Yes, let’s go with focused) for either.
11. I’ve had the same best friends since I was a kid. I grew up minutes from them and now, they all live far away from me: Seattle, San Carlos, and Sacramento (more than a BART ride is far, okay!). But, even when we don’t talk for months, I still know they’ve got my back.
12. I have 3 sisters, 1 brother, 7 nieces and nephews, and about 50 cousins.
13. When I was 15, I climbed Mt. Whitney with my dad.
14. I want an iPad. Like really bad.
15. I’ve been in love. Hard.
16. I’ve been to Alaska more than any of my friends (except Sam, because he works there).
17. I love that my friends are sweet, smart, beautiful, and strong.
18. I love making food that people love to eat. That took a lot of practice.
19. I am really particular about how dishes are organized in the dishwasher.
20. I’m missing a certain boy A LOT right now.
21. I hate when people text or tweet or update their Facebook using bad grammar. Seriously people. Stop it.
22. I am really spontaneous.
23. My favorite songs are: 1. #41 – Dave Matthews Band 2. Bright Eyes – Jason Mraz 3. St. Patrick’s Day – John Mayer.
24. I love to run.
25. If I could be anywhere in the world RIGHT NOW, it would be Australia.
So there you have it, a teenie-tiny look into my life. Now, let’s talk about you.